Old Greer County Marker
Old Greer County
Greer Co. was named and governed as part of Texas from 1860 until 1895 when U.S. Supreme Crt. decision made it part of Oklahoma Ter. This county area was claimed by 14 different governments from 1669 to Oklahoma statehood in 1907; since then it has been divided into 3 counties and the south part of Beckham County.
This marker is currently missing. It was located on Highway 66, one mile south of Sayre, Oklahoma.
Black and white image of the marker from the Oklahoma Historical Society